Completed Project Summary
Demolition and construction for the Spencerview Athletic Complex began on July 11, 2016. The complex was dedicated on August 1, 2017.
The renovated Sports Athletic Complex contains 5 renovated fields and 1 new field with regraded infields and outfields, expanded fence lines, renovated turf, skinned infield areas and bases. The fields have a new irrigation system and state of the art Musco lighting.
The facility also encompasses:
- 8 new sets of bleachers with shade canopies
- air-conditioned concession stand with larger restrooms
- 3 roll up serving windows and brand new drinking fountains in the concession stand
- a new concrete concourse that simplifies navigating the ball fields and makes each field easily accessible
- parking lot expansion
- new meeting room and storage area useful for planning sessions and meeting
Although the fields were renovated, the bridge to access Glendale Park to add additional parking is currently under construction. We have hired CobbFendley to prepare and submit a conveyance analysis for review to Harris County Flood Control District and the City of Deer Park.
The Spencerview Athletic Complex is located on the south side of the city at 4514 Durant just south of Spencer Highway.